Jul 4, 2012

Passages from The Mystique of Enlightenment

The Mystique of Enlightenment - U.G. Krishnamurti

Q: Sir, what is your message?

UG: It is quite simple. You are not going to get anything here. You are wasting your time. Pack up and go! That is my message. I have nothing to give; you have nothing to take. If you continue to sit there, you are wasting your time. The one thing you have to do is get up and go. If you still think I can give you something, you'll have to sit there until kingdom come. I have nothing to give. There's nothing to be given.



The Mystique of Enlightenment - U.G. Krishnamurti 

What I am saying has no logic. If it has a logic, it has a logic of its own -- I don't know anything about it. But you have necessarily to fit me into the logical structure of your thought; otherwise the logical structure there, the rational thing, comes to an end. You see, you have to rationalize -- that is what you are.



The Mystique of Enlightenment - U.G. Krishnamurti

The 'holy business' -- I am not in it. I don't want a thing, I have nothing to give, so there's no breach of contract here. Nothing -- I don't want anything. You may think that I am talking for self- fulfillment -- if I do, that will be my tragedy, my misery -- so you are out; you are not interested in involving yourself in my tragedy.



The Mystique of Enlightenment - U.G. Krishnamurti

Go where you will, and do what you want! I tell you very clearly, loud and clear, in clear, unmistakable language, that there is nothing to be communicated now or at any time. I am really surprised -- in spite of that assertive statement, you hang on here. It is your funeral. You are chasing something which does not exist. There is nothing to be transformed, nothing to be changed, nothing to be understood . So long as you want to be like me, you will remain what you are, asking the same questions. You will get the same answer -- the one answer for all questions is "Stop asking questions!"


No comments: