Nov 19, 2012

Passages from Thought is Your Enemy

Thought is Your Enemy - U.G. Krishnamurti
 

"No thought for the morrow nor grief over the past."



Thought is Your Enemy - U.G. Krishnamurti
 

Grief and joy exist only in the realm of the mind. The body is interested in neither.



Thought is Your Enemy - U.G. Krishnamurti
 

The certainty that I have that there is no mind is something which cannot be transmitted to anybody, however hard I may try. You are not ready to accept this statement because the very thing which we are using to communicate is in jeopardy.



Thought is Your Enemy - U.G. Krishnamurti
 

Q: U.G., I would like to probe into the very essence of your revolutionary and uncompromising statement that there is no soul.

UG: There is no self, there is no I, there is no spirit, there is no soul, and there is no mind. That knocks off the whole list, and you have no way of finding out what you are left with. You may very well ask me the question, "Why do you go on telling people about the way you are functioning?" It is only to emphasize that we have been for centuries using some instrument, that is, thinking or mind, or whatever you want to call it, to free ourselves from the whole of what you call the 'I' or the 'self', and all kinds of things. That is what the whole quest of spirit is all about. But once it dawns on you that there is nothing to be free from, then these questions don't arise at all. How that dawned on me, I have no way of finding out for myself.

No comments: